Thursday, January 27, 2011

Leverage

I have recently begun Massage Therapy school, it's awesome - I couldn't have made a better choice.  In myology we were introduced to one of the six simple machines, the lever - mechanical advantage being leverage. Most actions in the body are of class 3, no power but alot of speed and ROM (range of motion).  
            My mind immediately went to me sitting at my computer and as my mom walks buy say"mom can you make me a sandwich, I'll give you a massage". Sure she's going to quickly make me a sandwich but damn that better be one helluva sandwich for an hour massage.  Well I got a 92 on that test, all the questions about levers and leverage I aced the stuff I ignored I got mixed up and made stupid mistakes. It always helps to visualize anything when trying to study. Visualize it, mnemonic device it,  dig deeper and try to apply it to yourself and you'll succeed.


P.S I promise this blog isn't going to turn into the mega-mind ADD riddled child of xkcd and Hyperbole and a Half.





edit* to should be too


No comments:

Post a Comment